Most of our jewelry is either sterling silver or stainless steel, plated in heavy 14-18k gold to protect from tarnishing. Gold plated jewelry naturally turns over time if you don't take care of it.
To best preserve your jewelry and prevent scratching, we recommend the following:
- Remove before getting in contact with water.
- Avoid using perfumes or chemicals. Allow to dry before putting on, if you do.
- Clean your jewelry with a polishing cloth or cotton ball to wipe away dirt.
- Store your jewelry in a dry place when not in use. We recommend to keep your jewelry in a jewelry case/pouch or mini ziploc bag that comes with your order.
This metal is second to best after solid gold and can withstand the forces if properly cared for. Gold filled jewelry is extremely durable which means they are water-safe/shower-safe, yet cost efficient-making. Gold filled pieces are not 100% tarnish resistant though and can lose their color if exposed to stripping chemicals. The longevity of gold filled jewelry depends on the lifestyle of every individual. Gold filled jewelry can last up a few years and solid gold can last forever.
- Avoid chemicals, pool water, ocean water